IRRIGATION & LANDSCAPING
5000 / 5000 Plus / 5000 Plus PRS Rotors
The Next Evolution in Rotor Performance
Relax with the knowledge your landscape is being watered by reliable 5000 Series Rotors and industry-leading Rain Curtain Nozzle Technology. Rain Bird® 5000, 5000 Plus and 5000 Plus PRS Series Rotors are ideal for medium to large-size lawns and evenly distribute water from 25 to 50 feet.
Superior Distribution Uniformity. 5000 Series Rotors with Rain Curtain Technology are engineered to deliver a uniform spray pattern, giving you a consistently green lawn throughout.
Superior Wind Resistance
The larger water droplets produced by Rain Curtain technology prevent misting and airborne evaporation so the right amount of water is delivered to the right place, saving you water and money.
Superior Close-in Watering
Gentle close-in watering eliminates dry spots around the rotor, prevents seed washout and allows the turf to grow healthy with no matting or bending.
- Faster maintenance with a new self-cleaning arc adjustment screw.
- 5000, 5000 Plus and 5000 Plus PRS Series Rotors are available in 4", 6", 12", Shrub, and Stainless Steel (5000 Plus/5000 Plus PRS 4" & 6" only) models.
- Standard rubber cover for extra protection. 5000 Plus/5000 Plus PRS feature a green cover while the 5000 features a black cover.
- Heavy-duty cover assembly for extra durability.
- Rain Curtain™ Nozzles.
- The 5000 Plus features a Flow Shut-Off device to stop the flow of water to a particular head while the system is still in operation.
- Slip clutch mechanism for quick adjustment on installation.
- Heavy-duty retract spring assures positive pop-down.
- Top-adjust arc adjustment requiring only a flat-blade screwdriver.
- 40 - 360° arc rotation and reversing full circle rotation in one.
- Radius adjustment screw allows up to 25% radius reduction without changing nozzles.
- True 4" (10 cm), 6" (15,2 cm) and 12" (30,5 cm) pop-up (measured from the cover to the nozzle).
- Pressure-activated multi-function wiper seal protects internals from debris and assures positive pop-up and retraction.
- Reinforced flow path for additional side load strength.
- Additional O-rings and seals for extra protection in "gritty" water.
- Five-year trade warranty.
- Optional stainless steel riser helps deter vandalism on public turf areas (4" and 6" 5000 Plus / 5000 Plus PRS only)
- Optional Seal-A-Matic (SAM) check valve which prevents water from pooling at the base of slopes or hillsides.
- Optional Pressure Regulating Stem (PRS) which regulates pressure at the head, assuring optimum performance.
Optional PRS Feature
- In-stem pressure regulator (PRS) reduces operating pressure to 45 psi (3,1 bar) for optimal nozzle performance
- PRS saves water by:
- Eliminating head-to-head pressure variations
- Eliminating misting due to high pressure
- Improving nozzle distribution uniformity by operating the nozzle at optimum pressure
- Maintenance-free design can be easily retrofitted into existing 5000/5000 Plus, T-Bird™ and Hunter® PGP™ (using UPG model) rotor cases without digging up the entire body
- Pressure: 25-75 psi (1,7 to 5,2 bar)
- Precipitation rate: 0.20 to 1.01 inches per hour (5 to 26 mm/h)
- Radius: 25 to 50 feet (7,6 to 15,2 m)
- Radius may be reduced up to 25% with radius reduction screw
- Pressure: 25-65 psi (1,7 to 4,5 bar)
- Flow Rate: 0.73 to 9.63 gpm (4,2 to 36,6 l/m)
- 3/4" (20/27) NPT female bottom threaded inlet
- Reversing full and part circle adjustment 40° – 360°
- Full circle only adjustment 360°
- Pop-up height: Shrub; 4" (10,2 cm); 6" (15,2 cm); 12" (30,5 cm)
- Overall body height: Shrub: 7 3/4" (19,7cm) 4": 7 3/8" (18, 5 cm); 6": 9 5/8" (24,5 cm); 12": 16 7/8" (42,9 cm)
- Exposed surface diameter: 1 5/8" (4,1 cm)
Note: Pop-up height measured from the cover to the nozzle. Overall body height is measured popped down
Part-Circle units (PC) are adjustable from 40–360 degrees. Full-Circle units (FC) are 360 degrees only.
5004-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(NP) : 4" pop up gear drive rotor
5006-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(NP) : 6" pop up gear drive rotor
5012-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(NP) : 12" pop up gear drive rotor
5000-S-PL-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(R)-(NP) : standard with SAM
5004-PL-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(R)-(NP)-(SS) : 4" pop up gear drive rotor
5006-PL-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(R)- (NP)-(SS): 6" pop up gear drive rotor
5012-PL-(PC or FC)-(SAM)-(R)-(NP) : 12" pop up gear drive rotor
Note: Many models are available with a 2.0 or 3.0 nozzle pre-installed. NP and SS versions come standard with a SAM, PRS available in 5000 Plus