IRRIGATION & LANDSCAPING
Rain Bird® 5500 Series Rotors
Bigger. Better. Built to Last.
Rain Bird® 5500 Series Rotors are built tough to withstand the harshest conditions present in commercial rotor applications. They have been designed and tested to ensure high reliability and outstanding performance.
Color coded Rain Curtain™ nozzles give you optimal water distribution and close-in watering for greener grass with less water. Installation and maintenance is a breeze, with independently adjustable left and right side trips and easy arc adjustment from the top using only a flat bladed screwdriver.
With 5500 Series you get the durability and performance of Rain Bird’s best commercial rotors in a package designed to excel in short to midrange applications.
- Five year trade warranty.
- Memory Arc® returns the rotor to its original arc setting.
- Non-strippable drive mechanism prevents damage from vandals.
- Brass reinforcing shaft of the nozzle turret to riser withstands vandal kick.
- Optional stainless steel riser model helps deter vandalism.
- Continuous full and part circle operation in one unit.
- Easy, wet, dry arc adjustment with slotted screwdriver through top of rotor from 50° to 330° part-circle, 360° non-reversing full-circle.
- Left and right side trips adjustable for ease of installation without turning the case and loosening the pipe connection.
- Seal-A-Matic™ (SAM) check device/riser to help prevent low head drainage.
- Water-lubricated gear drive.
- Rain Curtain™ nozzles for optimal distribution and close-in watering resulting in superior uniformity.
- Nozzles are interchangeable from the front with no special tools.
- Self-adjusting stator allows nozzle replacement with no other adjustments required.
- Heavy duty retract spring ensures positive pop-down.
- Standard black rubber cover.
- Optional purple rubber cover for nonpotable applications.
- 5505 : 5" Pop-Up Commercial Grade Rotor Sprinkler
- 5505-SS : 5" Pop-Up Stainless Steel Commercial Grade Rotor Sprinkler
- Precipitation Rate: 0.21 to 1.48 in/hr (6,3 to 33,8 mm/h)
- Radius: 17 to 55 feet (5,2 to 16,8m)
- Pressure: 40 to 90 psi (2,1 to 6,2 Bars)
- Flow: 1.2 to 15.5 gpm (0,32 to 3,52 m3/h; 4,52 to 58,66 l/m)
- 3/4" (20/27) NPT or BSP female threaded inlet
- SAM check device holds up to 10 feet (3,1 m) of head
- Rain Curtain nozzles:
- 2.0 - Orange
- 3.0 - Red
- 4.0 - Black
- 5.0 - Yellow
- 6.0 - Light Blue
- 8.0 - Dark Green
- 10.0 - Grey
- 12.0 - Beige
- Short Throw Nozzle Tree (18S, 22S, 26S, 30S) - Aqua
- Nozzle outlet trajectory is 22°
- Exposed diameter: 1 3/4" (4,4 cm)
- Overall diameter: 2 3/4" (7,0 cm)
- Overall height: 9 1/4" (23,5 cm)
- Pop-up height: 5" (12,7 cm)
Note: Pop-up height is measured from cover to the primary nozzle port. Overall body height is measured popped down.